Sometimes the simpler the better. This Garlic Bok Choy Recipe is made just with a handful of ingredients – garlic, soy sauce & crushed chilli. All you need is just 10 minutes, a wok and a spoon! This is a regular dish at my home especially for dinners when I want to have a second side dish without creating a too much hassle for myself. It is totally a simple, easy but a delicious side that goes along with any other curry or protein stir-fries.
So what is Bok Choy? It is a popular Asian green and a member of the cabbage family which tastes delicious when stir-fried and is versatile. You could even sautee them with other vegetables, animal proteins or add them into noodles or fried rice. I served this dish with Balinese Salmon Curry and steamed rice.
2 x Bok Choy
4 x tbsp soy sauce
2 x garlic cloves minced
1 tsp crushed chilli
1 tbsp peanut oil
- Halve or quarter each Bok Choy stalk (depending on the size of the bok choy) and wash under cold running water.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat the entire surface of the wok.
- As soon as the oil is hot, add the garlic and sautè for about 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add the bok choy and soy sauce. Toss regularly and cook for about 5 minutes or until the Bok Choy stalks are softened.
- Sprinkle with crushed red chillies and drizzle with additional soy sauce and oil if desired.
- Serve with steam rice.